Diablo DSP-11LV 10-30V Low Voltage Vehicle Detector Plug & Play Inductive Loop
Detector operates on any voltage from 10 to 30 volts AC or DC and draws about 35 milliamps of current with no vehicle on the loop. This micro-sized detector will automatically adjust its sensitivity level when used on different sized loops. The detector loop inductance should be between 20 and 2000 microhenries.
LED Indicators: The green Power LED blinks once per second to indicate the detector is operating and powered. The red Detect LED will turn on when a vehicle is over the loop detection area.
Loop or Wire Failures: In the case of a loop circuit failure, the green LED flashes slowly (twice per second) for an open loop circuit failure. The green LED will flash fast (10 times per second) to indicate a shorted loop circuit.
Fail Safe vs Fail Secure: A fail safe detector will output “detect” when the loop circuit is failed. This is always useful on a safety loop. On the free exit loop this will keep the gate open until the situation is fixed. This is useful in applications where it is important to allow traffic flow to continue. A fail secure detector will never output “detect” when the loop circuit is failed. This will keep the gate closed. This is useful in high-security areas or installations where containment is needed. The DSP-11 is a fail safe detector. Note: Never use a fail secure detector on a safety loop.
Output Relay Ratings: 1A at 125 VAC general use, 1A at 30 VDC
Power: DSP-11-LV (10 to 30 volts AC or DC), DSP-11-117 (117 volts AC), DSP-11-230 (230 volts AC)
Operating Temperature: -35° F to 165° F (-37° C to 74° C)
Size: Height: 1.4? Width: 1.4? Depth: 2.75? overall
Connector: Standard 11-pin (Amphenol 86CP11)
- Works on any in-ground inductive loop from 20 to 2000 microhenries
- Designed to be cross talk free between other loops
- Automatically compensates for loop and lead-In sizes
- Switchless, self-adapting to most common installations
- Plug and play
- Small profile, perfect for many installations
- Fail safe operation
- Wide low-voltage operation
- The DSP-11-LV is protected from damage if plugged into a higher voltage. No need to change a fuse or reset a circuit breaker, simply plug the detector into the proper voltage and it works.
- Separate Power/Fail and Detect LEDs
- Industry standard 11-pin connector in a small plastic case
Pin assignments are:
- Pin 1 (black wire) – Power in (See model type)
- Pin 2 (white wire) – Power in (See model type)
- Pin 5 (yellow wire) – Output relay common
- Pin 6 (blue wire) – Output relay N.O. – (closes for detect)
- Pin 7 (gray twisted wire) – Loop input
- Pin 8 (brown twisted wire) – Loop input
- Pin 10 (pink wire*) – Output relay N.C. – (opens for detect)
- *This wire is black (with white) on some harnesses.